Saturday, December 9, 2006

Passion

I watched you die
On a silver screen
I watched you fall way
Only to return in Act III

With IV and V to come,
You defy conventional resolution -

Stoned. Bruised. Whipped. Stabbed. Beaten.

There you made your stand.
In the blinded face of your father,
You shed your blood upon the land
That our sin be forgiven -

One conglomerate Evil -
Preyed upon by Hollywood,
An evil instituted by men,

An evil forgotten by a carpenter -
Who has laid a foundation
That no man may put asunder…

--------------------------------------------

I wrote this in response to a previous poem I had written that was lost to a computer virus. I saw the "Passion of the Christ", and walked away stunned. I loved, and hated the movie. Loved it for the true love it portrayed, and hated it for the man it betrayed. I played on a few words here, see if you catch them...

B

No comments: