Saturday, December 9, 2006

A Tree bent down to the River-

Rippled waves fall quietly
Into one and another
Some taking the strength of others
Some lapping at an escape
Each depicting on the surface
What lies below…


A tree bent down to the River -
Kissing the rippled surface, softly -
As if to say -- I missed you
I sat upon it’s roots
Hoping to keep it from falling in -
For a lifetime it’s been but a leaf’s lips distance -
From drowning in the mouth of its deepest love…

--B

---------------------------------------------------

I wrote these words the same day as the following blog, in the deepest moments of my young life -- there has always been something about rivers that has explained so much to me about life. You have a constant current, governed by it's surroundings, impacted by the lives it supports. I think it's why I love fishing so much. Not for the reward in the catch, but for the reward in just being there --- the water's strength governing my movement, the life surrounding, and the quiet kiss of a sun I hope to keep at my back. The mosquitos aren't welcome, but they prove the point that there is no pleasure without pain... :)

-- B

No comments: