Saturday, December 9, 2006

Walk on the water -

Sometimes you can’t see the way across…
Sometimes the current can curse your path…
But always remember…
The One who walked on the water
Is the wind in your sails…

When all I am has turned to dust -
The river will be there to wash it clean.
When the dreams I have built turn to rust -
The crashing waves will bury them in the sea.

And when the times will come…
When I feel I have done all I must…
The river will find another way… and I will follow - with all of me…

------------------------------------------------
I will probably look upon these words later like they were part of some Baptist sermon... but they meant a lot to me at the time I wrote them on the banks of the Concho River in San Angelo, Texas on my lunch break... trying to secure the strength to finish a hard day.

Looking on it now, I think the "Toad the Wet Sprocket" song 'Walk on the Water' gives a certain feeling to the words... calling on a memory, and hoping for help understanding it.

No comments: